What a great week it has been! I finished three exams, made A’s on at least two of them (not sure about the third yet), and now I’ve had the most glorious day off EVER. I woke up at 9, ran some errands, had an awesome workout, and came home to clean. I also spent time lingering in the library while out :) I miss reading! Right now I am watching David Attenborough’s “The Life of Birds”. This series is amazing. If you are at all interested in birds, I highly recommend it (you can find it on Netflix). I just sit here, mouth agape, edge of my seat while watching this! Birds are sooo amazing!
Ok, geek time over. I wanted to do a quick post about my “Top Five”‘s for various categories. I hope your day is amazing and that your heart is light <3
Top Five Books I Want to Read
1. The Clay Lion, by Amalie Jahn
2. Anything: The Prayer that Unlocked My God and My Soul, by Jennie Allen
3. Hosting the Presence: Unveiling Heavens Agenda by Bill Johnson
4. Finding the Hero in Your Husband: Surrendering the Way God Intended, by Julie Slattery
5. And the Mountains Echoed, by Khaled Hosseini
Top Five Green Products
4. Local homemade goat milk soap – it does wonders for my skin! And by buying it, I help support local business (and a good friend, too!).
Top Five CD’s I Can’t Stop Listening To
(I kind of have a thing for the Avett Brothers)
Top Five Things On My ‘To-Cook’ List for Thanksgiving
(I’m hosting this year!)
1. Cooking Light’s Classic Cranberry Sauce
2. Jenna’s Lightened Up Snickers Pie – it was a HUGE hit last year. Gone in about 5 minutes! Not everyone got a slice, so I think I’ll make two this year ;)
3. Cooking Light’s Traditional Sweet Potato Casserole- again, a HUGE hit with everyone. What is there not to like when butter, creamy potatoes, and marshmallows are involved??
4. Cooking Light’s Fire and Spice Ham- I made this two years ago and my husband and stepdad still talk about it! That’s how you know you’ve got a good recipe :)
5. Boxed Velveeta Mac and Cheese- I know, I know. I usually hate anything boxed, but the hubs requested it with the biggest puppy-dog eyes you’ve ever seen and I just couldn’t say ‘No.’. So among all of the homemade goodies, there will be boxed mac and cheese too! Everyone loves that stuff anyway, and besides…it’s Thanksgiving, if you aren’t going to indulge a little, what’s the point??
Top Five Things I Cannot Wait For
1. My friend and I are heading to Greensboro, NC right after school on Monday to see Hillsong in concert! Yeah! It’s going to be a great night of worship :)
2. Thanksgiving- I love cooking for other people and having family over. This year we are bringing both families here all at the same time, 15+ heads, so it’s going to be great!
3. December 31st- You can find Jason and I at the Avett Brothers New Years show just an hour from our house! This will be the fourth time I’ve seen them in concert! They know how to put on a show and I love them. We actually saw them on New Years Eve last year too, and at midnight they dropped bajillions of white balloons and streamers from the ceiling..it was magical.
4. Only three more weeks of school left, and then I get 4 week Christmas break! I will be locked in a room by myself surrounded by piles and piles of books just waiting to be read.
5. Serving at my church this weekend. I love seeing all of my church family and hearing a good message from my pastor…God has filled my heart so full of love and joy this week that I just want to run up and hug random people :) :)
Since I can’t hug you, I’ll send you an e-hug –> *huuuuuugggggggssssss* Haha :D
Hope you guys have a great weekend! God is good! All. of. the. time.